I would say the past few months have been really stressful, mostly due to the pressure from work and school, couple with the fact that I have had to make some decisions that did not just go well with me. It got to a point when I sat down to ask what exactly was going wrong because the pressure seemed to be like a never-ending thing. This got to me so much that I could not even hide my anger, it was written all over my face. I started experiencing mood swings, happy this moment, sad another moment. Then I said to myself Oluwakemi you can’t keep going on like this; anyway, I braced myself up and said no matter what I will get through this. Now this brings me to my story
Long time ago, my aunt made me read a book written by this Nigerian guy, she did not only make me read it, she made me summarise it in writing. I felt that was punishment, two A4 pages of writing a story, gosh! All I did then was to just read the book and summarise without digesting its content. Little did I know that the contents of the book were powerful and inspiring. Some days ago I found the A4 paper I used in summarising the book, I sat down to read it and I found out that it made more sense than I thought. When I read it, it felt like a load had been lifted off me; it felt like I found that motivation I was craving for. You know sometimes when you feel a bit down and feel like everything is not going as you expect it to go, you just need that motivation, that encouragement, that vision to show you that you have a focus, the contents written on this piece of paper served as my motivation that faithful day and even till now it still does. I said I was not going to do any blogging until after my exams in June, but then after I read that piece of paper, my spirit lightened up and I told my self that I just had to share it, so here we go.
Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln
Vision is the ability to see and also an ability to plan the future with great imagination.
- A man with vision is someone who possesses the ability to see what others do not see and think what others do not think. This can be explained in the sense that a man of vision is not taking in by failure, but says there is success when others are crying failure.
- A man of vision is upright when others are failing, not because he has the magic power but because he sees himself as a winner. A man of vision is always at rest and not frightened by difficulties for he knows what his future looks like. Becoming a man vision is not just a thing you say by mouth but you have to put in some actions to support your words.
- A man of vision always trusts in God because God has a planned life for us even before we are born. God knows the future and our future can only be bright by depending on him to plan it for us.
- A man of vision is never of anxious for anything because he will not be moved by any negative happenings. Since he knows what his future looks like; all he has to do is work towards it gradually with dependence on God.
- If you want to become a man vision then you must never give up because winners never quit and quitters never win. Examples of men of vision that did not quit despite the troubles were people like Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln was defeated in business, legislature, as house of speaker, for the elector, the congress and many more, but still he did not quit because he had a vision. He later became the 16th president of the United States of America.
- One must see failure as an opportunity for success because a man of vision never accepts failure; rather he sees them as a set up for success just like the case of Joseph in the bible. Joseph had his brothers against him even to the extent that they plot to kill him, the wife of his master was also against him but he still succeeded because he never gave up and the Lord was with him
- As a man of vision, ‘’your vision determines your future’’. The poorest man on earth is not the man without a dime but a man without a vision. Most people are greatly packed with ideas but no vision to pursue them.
- A man of vision must be focused and keep away from distractions because their aim is to distract you from being what you want to become.
- A man of vision maintains positive attitude because those without vision, live in defeat, dream defeat because they never think of making it in life and they also think that success just comes by luck.
- For a man of vision, nothing is impossible because he depends on God’s word which says ‘With God all things are possible’’ so when everyone sees a situation as hopeless, he still believes that there is still hope.
Now from me to you: You have a future, depend on God, and trust in him for he has the master plan of your life. As a man of vision you must dare to dream big and I repeat DARE to, no matter how massive it might seem, never belittle a small start because to make it in life you have to start from somewhere. You should also make God’s word your standard and meditate on it day and night because God is faithful to those who follow him. Lastly, a man of vision must begin with the end in mind not minding how rough the road may be because you know someday you will get there.
I hope reading this has helped you just like it helped me. Thank you for reading 🙂